Job Title: Shipper Receiver Ref #2012-013
Company/ Position Description:
Heavy duty equipment manufacturer is currently looking for a self sufficient Shipper Receiver. The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to producing quality work in an efficient manner, have some mechanical aptitude, be a team player, and perform the functions of the position in accordance with documented procedures and instructions.
This permanent, full-time position involves working in the parts warehouse to ship and receive equipment parts, as well as process documentation and complete the related data entry. The ideal candidate will be a person with manufacturing experience within a fast paced environment and have excellent computer skills.
• Prepare items for shipping and receiving including packaging, crating, palletizing
• Count, measure, weigh and receive as required outgoing and incoming items and verify against sales order and shipping documentation
• Affix all required labeling and documentation on incoming and outgoing parts
• Load items in containers or on trucks as required using counter balance forklift
• Record shipping and receiving documentation in computer system daily
• Check identifying information and verify items in incoming shipments against packing slips, bills of lading, invoices
• Unload and unpack incoming shipments, store in appropriate warehouse locations
• Inspect incoming shipments and record shortages, damage, and otherwise incorrect incoming items. Prepare non-conformance report and route to appropriate departments for action
• Route incoming items to correct departments, assist production staff with inquiries
• Other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Minimum of two- three years experience in a similar shipping/ receiving role in a shop/warehouse
• Experience in mechanical/ electrical preferred
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Valid driver's license with reliable transportation
• High school education along with post secondary studies in Logistics or Material Management
• Top notch computer skills are a must
• Must have valid forklift certification
About the Benefits
In addition to your salary, we provide employees with an attractive benefits package:
• Comprehensive medical and dental plan
• Standard vacation
• Boot and tool allowance
• Coveralls provided
• Safety Eyewear
Working Schedule: Monday to Friday 6:30am - 3:00pm
Benefits: MSP coverage after 3 months & Health, Dental and LTD after 6 months
Vacation: Two weeks annual vacation leave
How to Apply
Qualified applicants meeting the above criteria are asked to email their resume and covering letter in confidence to Human Resources. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Applicants MUST indicate Job Reference number in subject line of email when sending resume.